Rural Services offers regular training courses on forestry and amenity pesticides to a wide range of differing specifications. Customers include staff and members of most major UK forestry organisations including the Forestry Commission.
Pesticide update seminars for forest managers
As two decades have now passed since the last series of APF-led pesticide training days, Confor is supporting a series of regional one-day crop protection seminars for forest managers and owners during April and May to fulfil current Defra recommendations for those advising on the use of pesticides in the forest.
- Implications of latest regulation.
- Avoiding environmental harm.
- Operator safety.
- Control of Hylobius and other insect pests & fungi
- Best application practice.
- Advances in weed control
- Christmas tree programmes
- Amenity weed control.
Provisional programme (subject to change, reflecting demand). 9.30 to 4.30pm.
- Wednesday 9th April (revised date). Ludlow, Shropshire.
- Thursday 17th April. Taunton, Devon.
- Wednesday 23rd April. Farnham, Surrey.
- Wed. 30th April. Peterborough, Cambs.
- Tuesday 6th May. Penrith, Cumbria
- Thursday 8th May. Dunblane, Perthshire
- Friday 9th May. Inverness (provisional)
The courses, led by Confor pesticides adviser Colin Palmer, will be based on an informal BASIS training protocol, be highly interactive, allowing ample time for shared experience & questions.
To keep costs to the minimum, courses will be based in village halls or similar, and the cost for timely bookings including refreshments will be £65.00 (no VAT) per delegate. Later bookings charged at £79.00.
Enquiries/bookings to Colin Palmer at Rural Services soonest, as each course will be limited to 25 attendees. Booking forms can be downloaded below in PDF or Word format.
Confor members in an individual capacity for at least one year may apply to the Forest Industries Education and Provident Fund for financial assistance. www.confor.org.uk under “why join”.